Tomorrow is International Workers’ Day so we’re focusing today’s Feel Good Friday on an organization fighting for workers’ rights – Jobs with Justice.
Current campaigns that JwJ is working on include:
- POWER (Protect Our Workers from Exploitation and Retaliation) – an effort seeking to “eliminate the threat of ICE in worker organizing efforts. It also aims to expand protections for worker leaders who stand up to unscrupulous employers. “
- Advancing Black Strategists Initiative – “a cohort of black economic justice and labor-focused strategists committed to leading, developing, and advancing policies and campaigns that support the collective power-building of working people, particularly in the South.”
- Always Essential – born from the COVID-19 pandemic, the focus is on putting essential workers first and fighting to “improve health and safety standards, better pay, and working conditions for essential workers.”
- Caring Across Generations a partnership of over 200 organizations working to “reshape the caregiving industry through public town halls, public education, policy solutions, celebrity engagement, and worker organizing.”
- Debt-free Future – a partnership with the US Student Association “working to make college more affordable, rein in student lenders through stronger regulations, and win debt relief for all working families.”
Throughout the pandemic in 2020, JwJ supported essential workers, launched a campaign demanding corporate landlords cancel rent and mortgage payments, and distributed over $2 million in mutual aid to working families. You can read all the details in the 2020 Annual Report.
Like what you see? There are many ways to get involved and support Jobs with Justice. Join the online activist network, sign and share petitions, make a donation and amplify JwJ’s work by liking their Facebook page and following them on Twitter @jwjnational. Workers of the world, unite!